jeudi 8 septembre 2011

Apache file permission issue

I was so crazy about this.
I tried to setup Log Analyzer site but couldn't get it work as wanted. "Syslog file is not readable, read access may be denied" is what I got instead of syslog information.

Searching in the net and asking for help from friends didn't work. All I got were about using such:
chmod 644 or 755 or even 777
Or chown

At last, I found out that, the main cause of the issue is SE Linux. SE Linux prevents Apache from accessing files outside its granted folders (that's /var/www). Following shows how to overcome this:
Solution 1:
Disable SE Linx (Not recommended)
edit /etc/selinux/config
change SELINUX=enforcing to SELINUX=disabled
DONE.
Solution 2:
Grant permission to apache user (The one that's used to run apache web server) over /var/log/ or anywhere you want.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Nombre total de pages vues